View Single Post
Old 05-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Default T210 Old Mill Jackson in REA Auction-New Owner's Perspective

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

That a boy!! Very well said Corey. Like I have said many times, My comments are not to take away from your amazing card but to see why are some people willing to slam PSA and say a card is not trimmed when obviously it is. They go and make up a very educated but not 100% sure guess that these cards must have come from the factory that way. The problem is not your Jackson the problem is people trying to hype high profile cards and find a reason there item is not what it appears to be. Especially when poor PSA finally gets it right. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Please help to answer these questions.

1. What people are saying is that the T210 Jackson is "Hand Cut" not "Trimmed" Correct?

2. What I have learned from this board is that "Hand Cut" is a term used for cards that where issued for the purpose of collectors to cut them down. Correct?

3. From what I know a large group of T210's where found all the same size as the REA Jackson and with the same cut. Correct?

Yes other issues including my beloved N172's do have a lot of size differences like smaller 1887 compared to the later years. Yes I have seen larger 1887 cards and diamond cut cards as well, but I have never seen a wavy cut that I thought was factory. I know N172's are not the issue at hand but they are a great example of most typical and primitive card manufacturing.

So the explanation for the REA Jackson as it stands, is that it was found with a group of smaller cards with wavy cuts all in the same find. Therefor, it must mean that it was done at the factory and furthermore that accounts for a large percentage of T210's being smaller sized as well as the 1909 Obaks?

My originally problem was that PSA graded this card properly and still got slammed and said they didn't know what they where talking about. REA and other collectors are trying to say this was the way they where issued, and I for one would have to disagree. If PSA got lucky or not they made the right call.

Trevor Hocking
trevor@synergystudios.tv