View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Default T210 Old Mill Jackson in REA Auction-New Owner's Perspective

Posted By: leonl

This is just a guess but I have a feeling that there were several sheets of T210's that escaped the factory without being cut at time of their making. They got cut by hand, many years ago, and here they are......They weren't cut by a dull bladed machine. You would see extra threads or a kink but you wouldn't see that kind of wavy cut. Machine blades just don't work that way. A dull blade doesn't make the kind of cut that is on the Jackson where it is wavy in the middle of the boarder. I did find a large group of outside the hobby PCL cards (trucker boy find) and the '09 obaks had this kind of cut. Weird cuts- absolutely--- wavy like this...yeap...and I think they were hand cut just like this one alhthough at the factory..They mostly didn't have the wear this one had though..Actually I would hypothesize that the '09 Obak production was a factory machine breakdown issue and that's why the large percentage of them are found hand cut. A manager could have had a deadline to meet, the new machines broke down, and then the employees grabbed whatever they could to cut them from sheets to get them into packs..In the later year issues of Obaks the machines worked fine and we don't see these hand cuts...From my limited knowledge of T210's I haven't seen other series have this hand cut look?... This Jackson is an awesome card, is definitely hand cut (imo), is not trimmed, and looks great....regards

edited to make more sense...