View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Default Can anybody explain this?

Posted By: Scott Elkins

However, I am with Anson on this one! If the caramel bubble does burst, I will be selling all of my collectibles other than caramel cards (guns, coins, antiques, etc.) and appearing at every show I can find with cash in hand to BUY every caramel being sold (I would say Pete, Tbob, Dan, Anson, Leon and several other board members will be there at the entrance as well - it would be a dream come true for us true collectors - although, sometimes I think Leon will be a dealer some day - just kidding Leon!).

EVERY time I list in the B/S/T thread that I am buying Croft's Cocoas, I get ZERO people wanting to sell. However, I am bombarded with e-mails from people wanting to buy caramels - not only Cocoas, but E90-1's, E98's, E94's, etc. etc.). Many of them are newbies and lurkers. I am actually surprised at how many people who are now collecting caramels (mostly due to this board!).

In fact, I sold a nice SGC E90-1 Cy Young Cleveland today to a nice gentleman who is starting to collect vintage cards. His statement to me was that he has learned a lot from this board and would like to buy some nice caramels, b/c he does not want the more plentiful T206's and T205's. T206's and T205's are great (I own several of each, and have owned tens of thousands over the years). However, I do not see caramels going down any time soon. AND, I am still buying Croft's Cocoas in ANY condition for 3x on up of the SCD value (in case anybody who wants to sell is reading).