View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Default Can anybody explain this?

Posted By: DJ

The number of millionaires in the U.S. increased to a record last year, boosted by gains in stocks and global financial markets, according to two new studies. 8.5 million 'millionaires'. I'm going through the Want Ads as we speak looking for an occupation that perhaps pays me seven figures to start in an entry level position. I'm spectacular at 'data entry'.

Are these the people who are paying $500 for our $100 cards? Are they paying $5,000 for $1,000 cards? So what becomes of them in the future? Will this continue to grow? Will there be $10 million 'millionaires' next year? Will that $5,000 card today be worth $15,000 next year? Is the e92 the new Faberge egg?

In three years, will I be down to one purchase every single year...maybe a M101-5 of Gus Getz in PSA Negative -1 condition, trimmed, cut in half, folded into a paper football, written on (the original owner thought he looked like Hollywood hunk Dick Powell) and colored in with a charcoal pencil for $920 and I'll bitch and moan about the shipping.

(sigh)

DJ
Disgruntled Collector