View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Default Scenario~Your Opinions

Posted By: John

I believe the buyer took a chance in this auction. I myself knowing that some grading companies wont grade even oversized cards much less undersized cards, would bid as if I was buying a potentially “trimmed card” regardless of the sellers statements.

The seller however did state that the card was undersized. Therefore I don’t feel the buyer is entitled to a refund. That being said if the seller feels the card was such an easy sell, he should have bought the card back to keep the buyer as a happy customer. Then simply re-sold the card for the same amount or more.

I also feel this is a prime example of where some grading companies fall a little short (no pun intended). These cards were manufactured well over 80-100 yrs ago some cards are just a little off; I can’t imagine quality control was the highest in those days. Therefore I’m sure many cards were off cut, short, large etc. To not grade a card do to min size requirements not being met is silly.

It’s now in the buyer’s hands. If the buyer really also feels that the card is also not trimmed but just happens to fall 1/8 short of a size req. The choice is now to decide on keeping a very nice HOF card of a great player, or tossing it in because it has a slim chance of being put in a plastic holder. I think the buyer will find he will pay twice the amount for a far worse looking card that’s in a plastic holder than the one he currently owns.