View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default Scenario~Your Opinions

Posted By: dan mckee

In Lew's defense, just because SGC said it was trimmed doesn't necessarily mean it is trimmed. Though SGC's vintage graders clearly know how to tell most trimming and they do understand that size doesn't matter, I would still have received a 2nd opinion or several other opinions. Maybe carry it to a show where many vintage dealers are set up. SGC is the best at what they do but anyone can make a mistake. I also unfortunately agree with the time frame, you have had the card in your hand long enough to determine if it was trimmed, that is when it should have been returned. If you act fast in these matters, you have a better chance of a refund. And there is always the risk you took, you bought an ungraded card hoping to get it slabbed I take it? Anyway, if Lew or whoever this seller is, stated the card "is not trimmed" then it is their opinion that it is not trimmed. I would have had 10 reputable vintage collectors/dealers look at it and if all said trimmed, then I would have confronted the seller with my facts. A grading company saying it is trimmed isn't enough for me. Dan.