View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Default Scenario~Your Opinions

Posted By: Andrew Parks

Dan,

The card was trimmed. I didn't look at it closely enough when I received it because I assumed I didn't have to, because I assumed I was buying from a quality person. I sent it into SGC with 30 other cards. I didn't send it right away because I assumed it would grade, and quite frankly didn't believe I had any reason to have to get a refund within 21 days.

I learned a valuable lesson and for $500 it may end up being worth it.

However, it comes down to ethical practices, respect, and the customer's always right.

I am reminded of Don Johnson - a board poster - and ebay seller under the handle of "spaceops23". I bought an E95 Frank Chance PSA 5 from him for $475.00. It was received at my post office, but I never got it and they couldn't find it. There was evidence of it arriving, but nobody at the PO could locate it. I wrote to Don and explained the situation and asked him if he insured it. He said he didn't and it was one of the very few cards he didn't insure. HE OFFERED TO REFUND MY MONEY IN FULL. There was no hemming and hawing, no name-calling, no excuses, no nothing. Even though he wasn't the one who lost it, he took FULL RESPONSIBILITY and offered to resolve the matter.

When I wrote back to him to explain how moved I was with his generosity, he said, five words to me that I wish everyone would work by. He said, "It's called good customer service."

Well, I did find the Chance card and my point should be obvious.