View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Default Anniversary of sets?

Posted By: DJ

T206's are very steady and always have been and I think always will be. In comparing them to stocks, you would look at them as that boring stock that doesn't impress with sudden price jumps but perhaps manages 8-10% a year in value.

I had a Bank stock that went up $.12 one day, then down $.04 the next and then up $.02 and then down $.07 (yawn) but at the end of the year, was up 11%.

I can't explain what's going on with the other 'tougher' Pre-War issues but I can't see that 'sudden' spike in value with T206's.

A year ago, the T206 multiplier was a very good gauge on the prices of what T206's should sell for. I picked up roughly 20 cards around that mark in four months at this time last year.

Today, T206's sell for a bit more than the multiplier, maybe 15-20% more and that's fine with me as I plug away at my 'monster'. Seeing that the cards have increased over the multiplier is nice and it does show that there is interest in this set and perhaps grabbed a hold of some new collectors along the way.

DJ

edited to add; Congrats Joe! That's what collecting is all about! Getting excited about a purchase, waiting patiently for the mail and adding to your collection. You defined what collecting is all about and keep plugging away.

P.S Creases suck.