View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Default Grading fees from PSA and SGC

Posted By: Robert

I agree with t206collector that it is more than likely due to the insured risk of handling such valuable cards while in their care, custody, and control. What in fact is their stated policy if a card is damaged in some way while in their custody? If a card is infact damaged while in their care, custody, and control, do they reimburse the submitter for the full insured stated value of the card or do they only go by the SMR or is it a combination of such in some way? If I had highly valuable cards and there was a written policy that I was given in regards to such liabilities and their policy only convered the SMR and their was a big difference between the SMR and actual replacement cost of such where applicable then I may would have reservations about paying such fees for grading unless it was stated very clearly to me that I as a submitter was fully protected monetarily and that if such was to happen I wouldnt be " out of pocket" as it were. For those kind of fees, I would except that the cards submitted were not only looked at by one staff person but all of the graders and that all of the graders were in agreement on a given grade for the card and that the card while in their care was receiving an added level of security and scrutinty if you will. If its still only one staff member grading such valuable cards submitted and there was no written difference as to procedure then like Leon, I would probably rethink the best avenue to submission whether it be SGC or PSA.

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com