View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Error in your favor...

Posted By: Judge Dred

Jerry,

Yes the final realized price was ridiculous!

Seriously, the explanation provided by John is rational. That letter g looks like a c (on the card) and if someone was trying to guess at the name then cunningham would be it if they were working off a list of known players. I was bidding on the card for the mislabel myself. I wouldn't have bid more than the actual value of the Gunning card. I like to pick up mislabels but not at the final realized price.

The item description was changed the day after the auction was listed. I would feel that Bob was being deceptive if he didn't change the item description as soon as he did, but that's just not the case.

Shame on PSA for mislabeling the card. If they weren't sure of the players name then they shouldn't have labeled it incorrectly. I guess you could say that Bob submitted the card as Cunningham to PSA but then revert back to John's explanation. If you're not familiar with the issue and you were guessing at who it was then you'd probably guess Cunning"ham". Again, the grading service should have caught this.

You do however bring up a very good point - the auction probably should have been cancelled and relisted with the correct item description. Maybe Bob felt that he did enough with the disclosure/correction in the item description.

NO, I'm not in Bob Craik's camp. I've purchased a few items from him in the past and I've followed a few of his auctions.