View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Default Auctions: anyone ever pay to much and regret it when they won?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

the scans. I got two '69 hockey cards, advertised as near mint, with the softest corners I ever saw, a Crawford T206 with a small but potent gob of tobacco right in the middle of the yellow (not in the scan at ALL). Others...I only have 99 feedback after 3 years...that's why.

I've never spent a lot of dough on something i didn't love though. My Oshkosh cabinet with Hoy, Selee and McCarthy, the team photo of Moses Fleetwood Walker with the U. of Michigan, the 1919 World Series ticket stub, the N162 Kelly, the N338-2 Ewing, the Radbourn N172 portrait (and the flipping the bird one I would have paid a lot more for!), my Sheldon Artball with Radbourne, my Peck and Snyder, large with ad back....I remember what I paid for most of them, but I don't regret a cent. The ticket stub and Oshkosh cabinet were on eBay, too!

And that dumb shot of Weaver and Cicotte in the dugout...which the owner had copied for me, having renegged on his offer to sell me the original when I jumped at a K--I KNOW it's ridiculous to pay $400 for a modern photographic reprodruction...but i ain't sorry!