View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Crazycanuck: seller info

Posted By: Anonymous

After I started this thread it was obvious that many others are/were going through the same ordeal with this scum. Like Judge Dred, I documented everything and got the RCMP involved. In the end, I received two money orders for my sent amount, plus an extra $25. Per his last email, I was expecting cards.

Course of action suggestion that worked for me, but my scam amount was "only" $1000:

Bombard him with correspondence. Crooks like Jason seem to eventually pay off the buyers who are very persistent. They hope to snag the ones who are passive or who will just let it go.

Convey that you will do x, y and z, give a firm deadline, then follow-through. For example, filing U.S./Canadian mail fraud, Ebay claims, etc. Threaten the use of legal action.

Get the word out to collectible circles in Canada.

This may sound Neanderthal-like, but threaten him, or get someone else to do it. His phone number: 506.450.2965

One of my promises was a personal visit. I actually inquired into Air Canada fares, lodging in Fredericton and a rental car. Was I serious? Yes. I would have coordinated a mini-vacation to the East Coast around my visit to Island View, N.B.

“A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.” - English Proverb