View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Default What is the most valuable vintage sportscard collection worth

Posted By: John

Are you the newly appointed spokesperson for Charlie Merkel, Don Louchios and Marshall Fogel? Are you a member of their PR team? If not what is your fascination with what the possible monetary value of their respective collections is? Are you planning on purchasing these collections? I would also add that these are grown adults let them voice their opinions on their own or have they hired you to do that for them?

I don’t think anyone here doubts in any way the impressive nature of the above collections, or any collection for that matter. So why do you keep brining it up?

I go to art museums to be in awe of wonderful works of art by great masters past, not to spank my monkey to the potential sales value of those said works. If all people looked at things like you seem to Jim, art museums would hang the sales receipt not the art itself.

Do some wealthy collectors get type cast as investors over real collectors sure, and some people I’m sure rightfully fit the investor mold.

Jim you and many others have come to the defense of the “wealthy” collector saying it’s unfair to belittle these particular collectors motives and passions. Yet in the very next breath you and others belittle anyone who hasn’t jumped on your bandwagon of grading and pop-reports by saying you need proof that these collections exist and are in fact real. That is just as offensive and narrow minded as to say anyone with money who collects does not love the hobby, would you not agree?

Just because you and others feel the need to prove yourselves and the might of you’re collections, does not mean that we have to follow suit and prove to you our collections worth, in fact we don’t owe you anything.

I may be wrong about you Jim, but from the last few posts I’ve read you seem like a guy who is more interested in the price tag of a card rather than the card itself, which is a shame.