Thread: framed cards
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Default framed cards

Posted By: Scott Forrest

First of all, almost any kind of presentation can be done without paying someone else. I try to stick with standard-size frames, but there are times when you might need to buy "pairs" of frame borders and combine, or if you need a fancier frame you might want to build your matted display, then have a frame-shop cut the frame and glass for you. I have created several card displays that combine autographs, cards and photos.

A good matt-cutter is the key, and as Tim said, you must get the right kind of matt-board - it's imperative. I'm so paranoid about this that I buy ph-neutral mats for ALL projects, just to make sure I don't accidentally use bad mat scraps at a later date.

To show both sides, you could tape sleeved cards to a piece of clear plastic (something sturdy), then create two windowed matts (one for the front, another for the back), using thinner matt-board. It would have a similar effect to the old Victorian photo albums. In fact, you could buy one of those albums on ebay and it might look pretty cool (I could even sell you one ).