Thread: finds
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Default finds

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

I got all of the stuff in the first four photos in my photo album from an antique shop a couple of weeks ago.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b331/nudan92/baseball%20room/

-1910 White City Ramblers framed picture
-11 Autographed team balls including a 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers, the rest are Three I League, and Nebraska State League balls, and one ball is an unused/unsigned American Association ball.

The Three I League balls all have the Red/Blue stitching and are from the Clinton Owls teams of 1937/1938. They were a Dodgers affiliated team managed by Clyde Sukeforth. The NSL team balls are from Beatrice, Nebraska which was also affiliated with the Dodgers. All of the balls are signed by a Vern Voegler who I figured must have started his baseball career with the Beatrice team and then moved on to the Clinton team, got to go to Spring Training with the 1937 Dodgers never made the Big Leagues and then came back and managed the Snyder team in the NSL. While doing research on this lot on the internet I found that Vern Voegler died in 1971, but I also found that there was an estate auction for a Voegler a couple months ago in the same hometown as Vern, so I figure his widow must have held on to these and she passed away recently. I got them relatively cheaply so I figure the dealer must have gotten them very cheaply.