View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Default BID TO WIN. IT SEEMS SIMPLE ENOUGH

Posted By: Charlie O'Neal

As someone stated in an earlier thread about the best way to throw your money away is bidding early. I honestly do not see your point of view in black and white. Sure people can eat away at your bid but most of the time they have less than 15 sec. to do it in since they wait till the last minute. My personal opinion on sniping are mixed. I will do it on occasion but will not go to such outlandious amounts that some people go to. How many time do you see an auction end double of what it should have ended b/c 2 or 3 people at the end sniped thinking that they would have the highest bid. I saw one tonight,where any other day the auction would end around $125 but 3 bidders in the end had their snipes set up to $305.00. I have no problem placing a bid 5 days in advance since it is the most I will pay of the item, sometimes I win sometimes not. It is not nearly as big of a waste of money than setting a snipe 3x's the normal price just to make sure you get it at the last sec. sicnce you do not allow yourself any margin for error.