Thread: Spahn is gone
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default Spahn is gone

Posted By: DJ

I think with guys like Feller and Spahn, there are two sides to them. The one where they are hamming it up for the public and the ones I met and I see with your description of Feller, had a smiliar experience with him whom the public adores.

I worked with Spahn three times for charitable functions and what some perceive to be "Spahn being Spahn", I found his demeanor obnoxious and very rude. He was "hands on" with the females if you know what I mean.

When I was a kid, I approached him for a signature at the Hall Of Fame and he told me that he wasn't in the mood to sign. He then asked me to tell him that he was the Greatest Pitcher that ever lived. I told him that and he said "I'm still not giving you an autograph".

And I have met Jose Canseco six-seven times and found him to be one of the coolest celebrities I ever met. One night we actually had a couple drinks at a hotel bar. While in the minors when his career was winding down, he signed every autograph and spent an hour after the game meeting the eager public.

DJ