Thread: Spahn is gone
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Spahn is gone

Posted By: jay behrens

Mays always seems to be roundly criticized for his conduct at signing shows, but how many of you have met outside that venue? I've been lucky enough to do so on several occasions. If you know Mays' full story, you would have an understanding why he is the way he is at shows. Away from that scene he, he is a great guy and I always enjoyed talking with him and never saw him act the way talked about the way he acted at shows.

we expect these people to be saints and they are far from it. We don't know the whole the story behind each player's situation. Without that context, we have an incomplete picture of that player.

The absolute worst experience I ever had with a celelbrity while driving limo was with Bill Cosby. I used to think he was a great guy. I still think he is a great comedian, but I have lost all respect for the guy as a person after what I had to go thru because he didn't get something he wanted. And he wasn't acting like a pouting spoiled star, I had to put with remarks directed towards me over a situation I had no control over. I was just the driver. Needless to say, after the 2 hour drive was done, I dropped him off at this destination and told his manager to find another service to pick him up. I was sorely tempted to throw him out of the car and the owner of the limo service even said I could do it if I wanted, but I couldn't bring myself to lower myself to way he was acting.

He may be the truly great guy he passes himself off as in the public eye, but I got to see an extented look at a truly ugly side of this person that would scare many.

Jay

Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."-- Babe Ruth