View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Auction

Posted By: Larry

I see that several of you agree with me that there is an extroadinary void regarding SMR and beckett...I feel that the basic overall situation regarding pre war cards PSA 4-8 is that based on the issue, actual values are somewhere around 1.5 to 3X SMR but on issues like 1932 US Caramels, E90-1, N162's, T205 HOFers, low population singles in HIGH GRADES etc..they could be 3-5X SMR!..

The only really accurate way to determine market is to use e bay as one bench mark, look at last 90 days history on that issue and average it, then look at major auction results for similar issues...then look at SMR as a starting point and you can get a good read..Sometimes a major auction creates a hyped result due to 2 bidders bidding up item but e bay shows bid history and if 4-5 bidders are in similar ranges, that is a good barometer..as far as someone bidding because of a percentage of SMR...they really need to do their homework better..Issues such as E,N,T and early R cards may never again be determined through a price guide but rather by good research and instinct...Post war issues after 1970 ...unless they are MINT 9 or GEM MINT 10's or regional test issues are really overpriced and not realistic in SMR...they trade for percentages lower as prior stated and should never be put into the same category as "vintage cards" issued in packs or products..we played with those cards, traded them, flipped them and had fun with them, that is why nice one's are rare...the biggest joke are these corporate manipulated recent limited edition cards selling for hundreds and thousands..