View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default T206 w/ no red ink ends early on eBay. GRRR!

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

I know Rich the seller and he is an old time hobbiest. He is a very nice guy and I have nothing but great dealings with him. This kind of thing happens all the time, and actually I did the same this with this very same seller, that is how I got to know him better. There was a N172 Ewing and Mascot variation that I asked Rich to end early, for a very strong and fair price, $6,500 and I was high bidder for like $250 or something at the time and he agreed and ended it. So ofcourse Rich got all kinds of offers and people saying he did wrong and then the board went going and say who ever got it got it cheap thinking it only went for $250 or something close. But the only reason it went back on ebay is that there was only one other higher offer from a board member for apparently 10k. So I told Rich that is a very strong offer and I couldn't match it as I didn't think it was fair market value. So I told him to sell to the other person for 10k as that was a great price to get for the card and I was done with it. Then he told me he was just going to relist it and see what happens. So I placed my bids and the auction closed at like $7,200 or something close to that. I did not win the card. So I emailed Rich and asked if the person who offered 10k won the card and Rich said no he didn't bid or he didn't bid even close to the final price or something like that. So yes the seller made and extra $700 which is great but with ebay fees and PalPay if there was PayPal I think he got a little extra. So what my long winded point is don't think people just make stupid offers and Rich is a stand up guy. Even though I didn't get the card it was great to meet him.

Also if you're not going to make a good offer (one you are really going to pay) DON'T MAKE IT!!!!! and if you made one and the card is relisted make sure to bid aleast what you where willing to pay it's only fair.

Trevor Hocking