View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Default Leaving Me Puzzled and Smiling

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Errors happen, on both ends.

In my opinion, when you have a reputable buyer and a reputable seller, as is the case here (particularly when the buyer has purchased from the seller before), the problem is one that should be easily resolved.

In my opinion, the buyer clearly made an error and contacted the seller long before the auction ended in a good faith effort to get the bid cancelled. The seller agreed to honor the buyer's request to cancel the transaction, although he didn't have to. If there were any listing fees incurred, the buyer should have paid them. Problem solved, issue over.

When the seller relisted the item, if the original buyer had not won the auction, but someone else had, and the card had sold for $30, the seller would have honored the transaction, no problems. Because of who the buyer was, the seller chose to reneg on the deal.

Now there's a situation where a reputable buyer and a reputable seller will be wary of doing business with one another. Everyone who buys and sells on ebay knows who both of you guys are. Over a hundred dollars, this seems silly.

-Al