View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Default Another one for the PSA idiot files

Posted By: T206Collector

Man that would be freakin' sweet!

But seriously, the one thing that I think all graded card collectors should keep in mind is that if you are holding onto cards for the long haul that the company you have your cards in will probably not be around in the same fashion (or at all) for the life of your collections. I would bet there will come a time another company enters the market and encapsulates cards in a fashion that is revolutionary -- a true paradigm shift; the IPOD of vintage baseball cards, if you will -- and then everyone will want their cards graded by them. Then there will be the whole, "Well, my Cobb card was graded by PSA in 1987, but my Mathewson card was graded by SGC in 2004, so the graders were X% accurate, etc."

Basically, collectors will continue to cross cards over into whatever holder is necessary to (1) preserve collections, (2) accurately grade cards and (3) protect investiments. Keep your cards in PSA holders if you will, but their holders look like crap (even Apple upgrades its IPOD every year, even without any real market competition), they do not accurately grade cards and thus they do not protect your investments.