View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Default new idea for grading

Posted By: identify7

At one time, I felt that a revamping of the grading systems employed by the major services was desireable. My current thinking is to take advantage of the inadequacies (as I see them) in the system and purchase cards which have been downgraded for reasons which I do not care about.

However, a number of viewpoints have been posted and have merit. Of course, everyone has different ideas and priorities, but there are many similarities too. Some notes which I compiled from a few of the more recent posters are shown below - for fun.

"That in theory is why you pay more to get a high value card graded, so that they are compensated for the extra effort that goes into getting it right ..."

If you have to pay extra for correct grading, that distinction should be noted on the slab.
__________________________________________________ __________________________

"Grading standards need to take collecting habits of the various eras into account in some way or other".

I respectfully disagree

"If SGC is to rise above PSA, they should set the trends and change their overly conservative approach to this ..."

If anything changes - then what happens to all of the cards previously graded? And at whose cost?