View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default Is there any chance at all that these cards are legit? Opinions?

Posted By: jeff

not that it really matters most likely, but i was directed to this forum by a collector. i was the one selling those cards and there was not a word in my listing that wasn't true. i just had no idea what i had there (or thought i had there) or i certainly would've tried to have them authenticated or refuted. according to www.oldcardboard.com, they weren't worth that much. i though i'd maybe get $50 a piece for them tops. I wasn't trying to scam anyone or anything like that. at first i was kind of mad to read some of the things being said about me, but i've cooled off. i understand that you guys who collect have to be very careful and probably have seen a lot of scammers. for the record, i am not one of them. i've worked hard to get and keep 100% feedback and really don't wish to have my name tarnished. I'm not a criminal....i just know virtually nothing about vintage cards. i was gonna use my learning about these as a jumpstart into collecting vintage, but now i'm not so sure that's the way to go. i'm not sure i want to touch the hobby. I just want to be clear that i intended nothing at all. The forum comments on here have convinced me that the cards are fakes...i just didn't even know fakes of these existed...couldn't find any record of that. was gonna send scans to frank (??i think??), but is there even any point?? anyways, despite the need to be suspicious of sellers with rare cards, please do remember that there are some honest sellers out there that, quite frankly, don't know ****. i'm willing to admit i'm one. i apologize to anyone who was mislead, but that's why i tried to be detailed and specific (even though that ended up hurting my credibility). I tried to pull the cards off ebay last night, but ebay had already done it for me. Please understand, I was not out to mislead or decieve anyone. thanks.
jeff