View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Default Post War Vintage....1949 Leaf Paige

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
No need for nice, respectable guys to get into a pissing match about what is allowed or "on topic" for this forum. I almost can't believe someone would say that don't know what to talk about, or what is talked about, on this forum. For anyone that wants to know you don't even have to click. It's at the top, on the front page of the board. I probably haven't done a perfect job of defining "off topic" because there's not "a" good answer. In general if Ted, or Andy, or Tbob, or Dan B, want to do an off topic it is permitted per the forum rules. If you are not a regular participant then you shouldn't start off topic threads. The idea is that we are a family and being "in" the family has certain privileges. One of those being allowed to post off topic stuff. If you have never started a vintage baseball card thread, or don't participate everyday, then please don't start off topic stuff. I don't consider 40's cards very off topic even if they are late 40's. (see forum Faq's). Every now and then a 50's baseball card set can be discussed if brought up by a regular board participant. I assure everyone I thought long, and discussed with previoius moderator(s), before I set rules in the beginning of my tenure. There are many gray areas on this board and this is one. In general it is a Pre-WWII vintage baseball card chat board....thanks again....