View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Default The Marshall Fogel Collection

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Leon:

Nice work. I started working on a low-grade T205 set a few months ago, and fell in love with the color and designs. It's nice to see some high-grade examples of the cards.

The competition of the Registry bugs me when it forces collectors to hide their sets. One of the best things about the Registry, IMO, is that it gives you an avenue to display your collection, even if you don't have the wherewithal to create your own website. The set I collect most vigorously - 1938 Goudey - I am the only person on either registry with scans posted. That bugs me, because I sure would love to see some of those 8s and 9s that are out there. There are some really nice sets above mine on the registry, and it would be great to see them. Further, it would also be great to see some of the more "handled" cards out there, as there's beauty in their character.

Anyway, thanks for bringing out the best in a well-known collector, and thanks to Marshall for sharing.

-Al

EDIT: I just checked out the 38 Goudey registry, and of course someone new has registered a small collection and posted scans this past week. Excellent!