View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Default Ebay seller charging to use paypal

Posted By: jay behrens

PayPal still screws the seller, even when you use DC. I recent sold a Warfield concert poster. The post shipping tube was crushed by the post office and the buyer filed a complaint with PayPal that the item he bought was not as described. Well, duh. But is was crushed by the post office, not me. Yet PayPal refunded the money.

The most frustrating aspect of the process is that there is no way for you as the seller to give PayPal your side of what is happening. Your only options are refund money, refund partial money, or no refund. After that, PayPal will decide after an "investigation" (ROTFLMFAO!!!) what to do. I was contacted by PayPal, yet it was determined that I was the one that damaged the item.

I have no idea how PayPal determined the item was damaged and they didn't bother to ask me anything about the incident until AFTER it was settled. I told them, what's the point in asking me what occured after everything has been settled. Their response was that they wanted to make sure that I was satisified with how everything happened. Needless to say, I told them their whole process is a total joke and the seller doesn't stand a chance when a buyer files a claim against them because PayPal doesn't do an investigation when they claim that they do. All they did was keep saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" to all my complaints.

I would prefer to not take paypal, but it does make a difference in the final price of auctions.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.