View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Default Learning a lesson the hard way

Posted By: tbob

I got an email from the buyer of the E97 Young and he said, yes, it was a fake and was returned and the E97 Young on ebay now which he is selling is not the same one, just a coincidence.
Still, I agree that sometimes mum is the word. I remember once keeping my mouth shut on a card listed in the wrong category and getting an E97 black and white (in an SGC 30 holder now) for $200, a real bargain. At the time I really wanted to ask about the authenticity to knowledgeable collectors of that set but realized what would have happened. I kept my trap shut and outbid the only other guy who was wise, although he was someone I have never seen on 54 (maybe a lurker though). Perhaps the better method is to simply send an email to someone you trust who has expertise on a particular set and hope it goes no further. I have done this succesfully in the past before and have also answered emails from others about certain caramel cards and obaks and painfully laid off them while they went for a song. Sometimes it is nice to realize that an awful lot of our fellow collectors are great guys, not all, but the vast majority are ready to help and assist.