View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Default The (new) www.oldcardboard.com

Posted By: Brett Hardeman

Hello,

My name is Brett Hardeman, Business Manager of Old Cardboard Magazine. Over the last few weeks we have spent some considerable time updating the www.oldcardboard.com website with new look and content and have added a few new features. Over the past weekend we launched these changes and I thought I'd take a moment to cover them for the participants of this forum.

1. Old Cardboard Audio section. We have added an audio section to the website to accompany magazine articles and other editorial features that benefit from pointing to old radio programs. We will add to this section as we obtain more audio files from collectors and dealers.

2. Ebay Sellers List. This extremely popular page has been updated and is now more accessible from the homepage. The Ebay sellers list displays the Top 50 sellers of pre-war baseball cards with information on each seller and a direct link into their Ebay store. In addition, links to some of the most popular vintage card categories can now be accessed directly on the Old Cardboard homepage.

3. Vintage bookstore. We have launched a vintage online bookstore with Amazon.com with some of the most popular and interesting books relating to vintage baseball. Many more books will be added as this section of the site grows. Back issues of Old Cardboard Magazine are not sold through Amazon - they are still located within the Old Cardboard Subscriptions page (www.oldcardboard.com/subscriptions.asp)

Links to the Auction/Show Calendar, Collector's Dugout guidelines, eNews Signup and archive, card group galleries, etc. are still located on the homepage but have shifted into new positions. They are still easy to find.

Issue #6 of the magazine has now shipped (as of this afternoon) and is now considered history. Any new subscriptions now begin with Issue #7 and #6 can now be purchased as a back issue.

If you have any questions or comments about the website or would like a reminder of when your last issue # is please feel free to email me at brett@oldcardboard.com.

Thank you and thanks for your continued support!