View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Default Will Mr. Mint save Beckett?

Posted By: jay behrens

Mr Mint may seem a bizzarr choice to use to move into the vintage market, but the IRL one upped them by hiring Gene Simmons to save their floundering race league. They had Simmons pen the first offical anthem for a major sport (quote from an IRL official) and they are going to use his image and marketing company to improve their sagging ratings. This from a league that lost it's top 2 engine makers and only has 16 drivers that have made a commitment to race next year.

I'm a huge open wheel race fan, but ever since the family that owns the Indy race track started up the IRL, all they did was destroy open wheeled racing in the US. F1 has always been the best racing and I always prefered it to CART, but I still liked CART racing too. To see open wheeled racing slowly slip away is sad since watching left hand turns for 4 hours makes me nauseous. I'd rather watch paint dry than watch a NASCAR race and nauseous feeling I get from fresh paint is a better high than I get from watching left turns.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.