Thread: True collectors
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Default True collectors

Posted By: identify7

Well Brad, I have to agree that collecting all of the (probably not fully identified)Uncle Jacks may not be an attainable objective. But seeing how nice the various colors of the Batter Ups look together, particularly with the same pose, Id be tempted to include the w517s.

That set though appears to have quite a bit of variations in color intensity and blending of colors. As well as yellowing of the stock - which makes similarly colored cards appear different. But I like the set. And a vg example should run $50 or less.

But to answer Walter's question: I think a true collector is one who identifies the scope of his collection based on his own criteria. And although he may entertain the opinions of others, he recognizes that it is himself only who has to be pleased.

Heck, there are some collectors here who collect all poses of a single OJ player. Others try to accumulate all existing cards of that pose or player. Some collect ... whatever whim pleases them. These are all true collectors, eventhough some are also called hoarders.