View Single Post
Old 01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Default a little more focus

Posted By: identify7

Certainly Ted. I always welcome e-mail from fellow Net54ers! Please send to identify7@aol.com

And Ted, I recall some discussion about those 19th century offerings particularly about pool vs. billiards.

Further, as far as sets go - I do not collect them. I thought long and hard about what cards to collect before I dove in, and for me, I was right. I collect record holders and players who contributed to the baseball highlights each year. This collection is a source of continued research and new discoveries.

For example: it has recently been determined that two additional players accomplished three hits in an inning. (Oh gosh Gil, don't tell me that you find this interesting! You really gotta get a life!)

Wait. On September 6, 1883 in a game against the Detroit Wolverines both Pfeffer and Williamson got three hits in the same inning - the seventh inning. The final score of the game was 26-6 Chicago. Id love to see a play by play of that inning. I don't even know how many runs were scored. A box score would be nice too. I just found out about this several days ago.

And yes, I do have getting a life on my schedule. But it is not moving up the list very fast.