View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default T206 colors missing scraps versus issued cards

Posted By: Damian

Recently there have been a couple of threads in regards to T206 printing errors in which some or most of the color in the lithograph process was missing. I have two right now one is a Seymour that PSA holdered as authentic and trimmed that is missing most of the color and a Baker that PSA graded a 1 due to some slight paper loss on the back that has more color but is still missing a significant amount. I believe the Seymour to be trimmed because it was cut from scrap. I am not positive, it just seems logical. My question is does anyone know or have opinions as to whether color missing T206's that were cut from scrap or more common that cards that were actually issued and have colors missing? It would seem to me that there would be more from scrap as they were likely caught by quality control and never made it into cigarette backs, but were taken home by employees and cut or dug out of the trash and cut. This of course could all be wild speculation on my part or is there another side to the coin I am missing making scrap cards tougher than issued cards. Anyone?

Damian