View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Default 17 new Hall of Famers!

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Good for Sol White, he should be in... He was much more to baseball than just a book.

I think 17 is too many, but I'm not big on political correctness, and that is what this is, although I do have respect for Frank Robinson.

And Buck should have gone in. I'd have been happy with Buck and Sol.

But since reading Mr. James' book about the politics of the Hall, I've come to some conclusions from which I cannot be dissuaded...

1. Too many players are in the Hall.

2. After understanding the origins and purposes of the leagues and their formation, and the evils of gambling, I firmly believe Pete Rose should be allowed inside the Hall for the day, any day he buys an admission ticket, as a vistor/patron.

3. And that ever since they let Kirby Puckett and Gary Carter in there, it isn't really that big of a deal.

Buck should have gone in ahead of about 3 dozen of the current members, and all of the 17 just announced.

I've reached a point in life where I just don't know if my thoughts have matured or manured, I just know I have them, and I'm pretty firmly set in my ways. I don't mind living in a democracy, and tagging along with the majority decissions. Just so long as the majority doesn't automatically presume that they are right all of the time. And this could be one of those times.