View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default So I thought I'd 'google' myself on VBC Forum.............

Posted By: Enright, Daniel

And there I was! Flinchfree, but wait, not so nice turns out to be the chattering masses as I am quickly dissected.
Having bookmarked the site over a year ago but not spent any time perusing, I visited with the amusing idea of wondering if my exploits as a collector of sports cards had afforded me any thought or notoriety as ebay's flinchfree. And there I was, still an unknown but being mocked and belittled nonetheless, seriously challenged for my knowledge and understanding of trade cards, a regular Benny Hill of ephemera, ugh!
I refer to a thread from September 21st of 05', where my ebay handle of flichfree gets a mention for offering for sale a T213 Speaker with buy it now, for a universally condemned price that reduces me to the local village idiot.
(Read especially "Barrysloate")

Five years on ebay - for the first couple at least 6 hours a day, five years of reading every book on sports cards I could find, visiting every site that floats through the musty halls of the online world, buying and selling some 500+ pieces, setting up a sports auction dept. (sadly short lived) for Susanin's auction house in Chicago, amassing a reasonably special collection.......

And here I lie in print, inauspicously mentioned by the forum as not knowing enough about the relative value of cards to have blown to the crapper this auction and been fleeced to boot by one of the good lads of this community.

Well.
Won't try to explain it.
I'll just keep collecting, selling what doesn't fit, buying what does, and leave some lovely colored paper to the kids to do with as they wish with.

All the best to you all this eve,
Flinchfree