View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default Mantle vs Mays....Runs Produced Index

Posted By: T206Collector

...any issues with the occasional OT thread -- key word "occasional". But it seems pretty remarkable and insensitive to me that a day after we (properly and happily) get a 1952 Topps Mantle thread locked for being off-topic, and our lead moderator Leon getting hate e-mail as a result, we then get an OT thread about Mantle spun off from an original OT thread about Bonds.

I do not think it is as simple as "if you do not like it, don't read it." If that were the case then OT threads would know no bounds or limitations. As of the writing of this, the four most recent threads on this Board are all OT.

In my opinion, if you want to chat with your friends on the Board, there's a chat feature and you can also use e-mail. There is really no reason to saturate the Board with Mantle, Bonds or anyone else who played baseball after WWII. The more it is allowed, the less relevant and useful this Board becomes -- regardless of whether you choose to click on the link and read it.

And I appreciate that long-standing Board members are given more leeway -- and certainly the E90-1 thread is a very good thread -- but perhaps a little more self-policing would be appropriate.

If you want to ask me a question about what I think about something other than pre-WWII baseball cards, there are 85 zillion ways to do that other than a forum that is specifically dedicated to that topic.

This should not be particularly controversial, but in keeping with Board rules, my name is Paul. I'll leave the light on for ya.