View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: Larry

I am totally in agreement with Paul Moss...If those that live by the snipe and wait so patiently to try to "get the best deal" so that the price is not driven up, there are just as deservant a seller should be able to take an offer that is deemed reasonable..The fair way e bay should operate is similar to major auctions in that you must have put a bid in at some point in order to have extended bidding time..or in this case to snipe, this way no one would end early or at least have the option of extending bidding lets say for 3 minutes after only if there was some prior bid that way dealers will not send their best cards to major auctions only. Look how the quality of pre war cards on e bay has dropped, everyone knows that they can sell it thru auction houses and are protected from sniping..I understand those that prefer to bid only at the end but that is why I will consider a fair offer as long as it is not within 24 hours of closing. If I see there is no action on a card, that is a seller's option just like it is a buyer's option to wait. This is a policy that probably will not change, if everyone waited until the end and there was no bidding, only garbage would be offered on e bay.