View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: davidcycleback

My general selling pattern is to have 95% of my items in my eBay store. It's buy it or don't buy it. Most of the items list are unique and I try to have a fair price. Potential buyers ask questions before puchasing. There are no 'make a best offers,' but it's okay to email an offer and I'll change the BIN. Someone recently asked if I would lower the price on a baseball, I thought it over then did.

For the BIN, the sales price includes the shipping cost-- a specific shipping charge is not listed. In other words, the sales price is the amount it costs for the purchaser to own and receive the item. A buyer asked me how much it costs me to ship an 8x10 photo to Austria and I said, "I have no idea. I'll find out at the Post Office when I mail it."

I will put things up for straight auction so they can be in an auction, and there are no games. I put things in an auction to get them sold right away.

I much prefer the BIN sale to an auction and sell much more that way. The BIN sale is a sale, the eBay auction is often closer flea market.