View Single Post
Old 04-02-2006, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Default The problem with reading and posting here-will the person identify himself?

Posted By: Frank Wakefieldf

Just for a moment, you guys, imagine how eBay auctions would work if there were no sniping...

I was winning on 2 of the Bishops cards when the auction was cancelled. And I REALLY wanted that Pop Dillon Obak, which I was winning. I wasn't done bidding, but I bid in, even though people could search by bidder...

I did email the seller and I told him that I was done bidding on a couple of lots that he didn't end early, which I would have bid more on, but for the fact that he'd ended the Bishop cards and the Dillon Obak.

So.... good for whoever got the cards, hope he got a deal.

A good way for you guys to keep these things from ending early is to bid 'em on up at the "git go", instead of sniping around like theives in the night. If you guys will bid early, proudly, and seriously, then the early endings would cease. I was top bidder on several of the early ending lots. If you snipers had bid a decent amount early on, then whether I was still high or you were, either way, the bid would be sufficiently high so as to encourage the seller to see the auction to its normal conclusion.

So I suggest that if you want to do something about it, then bid on eBay, instead of sniping there and whining here.