View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default Open Letter: A Larry Fritsch Experience....

Posted By: Mark Rios

I just received my ordered card and along with it - its sales receipt; problem is - the card was $65 and the final charge was
$78; a $13 difference.

After a phone call to Stevens Point - the difference was explained as the following: $8.95 for shipping and $3.70 "convenience telephone charge" - I swear I am not making this up. It appears that Larry charges an additional 5% of the total cost of the order when the order is place over the phone.

The small envelope that the card was sent could - at most - cost .75 cents and the postage on the envelope was $1.98.
Additionally, the card was sent through regular mail - not express, not priority, no delivery confirmation or registered receipt.

So $9 for postage????????

So let that one pass, but how about the $3.70 convenience charge - that one is sweet - isn't Larry making a killing
on the price of the cards themselves. Surely, a fat dealer's profit margin is factored in to the price of the cards themselves - to incur the inevitable costs of employees, advertising, catalog, breathing, etc.

I will save you guys from the "overgrading-itis" that the Fritsch's are renown for.

But are all these charges justified?

And I know, I know - if I do not want to deal with'em
I should pass, I have a choice, etc. - but some collector's
either are spurred to buy a card because of the right price,
type collector who may not see a tough card again or
lower condition afford-ability.

Comments?