View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Default Open Letter: A Larry Fritsch Experience....

Posted By: Josh Adams

That is the White Sox ticket exchange, where season ticket holders sell their tickets to other individuals, it is not the ballclub selling their own tickets.
Also, Kyle, please do not interpret my previous post as an attempt to stir up a North Side/ South Side debate! While I root for my beloved White Sox, I wish the north siders all the best, I just don't "hate" them like the stereotypical rivaly would assume.
I was merely making an analogy between a "phone convenience fee" and a major league club "selling" their tickets to a "ticket broker" owned by the same club, and then selling those same ticket at 10-20X the face value. The loser in the end is the true fan who wants to see a ball game there.

On a side note, you can have the attendance flag anyday, I'll take the World Series banner

Edited to add: "Going to Joan Cusack Stadium is a lame experience, as the stadium is a gigantic concrete slab in a terrible neighborhood of Chicago. Transportation to and from the park is far from pleasant and overall, unsafe."
I'm sorry, but that cannot be farther from the truth. The stadium when first erected was an eyesore, true. I did not care much for going. In the past 3 yrs (when the All-Star game was here in 03), there have been major renovations, and the overall experience at the Cell (or the "Joan") is quite enjoyable.
As far as transportation being unsafe, like the neighborhood, that too is not true. I went to 30+ games last year, all riding the EL, and not once did I feel scared, harassed, or unsafe. My brother has lived in Bridgeport for 4 years, and has not once been the victim of a crime. He can tell you too how safe Bridgeport is. There is a misconception that the "South Side" is a "bad" part of town. While parts of the south side of Chicago are unsafe, so are parts of the North side. Shocking, I know. But true.

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!