View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default Storing Cards in Plastic Binder Sheets

Posted By: Al Crisafulli

Hi Brian:

I display/store in a couple of different ways:

1) For graded sets, I use MJ Roop boxes. More valuable sets get wood boxes, less valuable ones get cardboard boxes.

2) For my 1938 Goudey set, which is graded by PSA, I use two Roop binders outfitted with Ultra-Pro hard plastic sheets that hold PSA slabs. They look great.

3) My HOF set, which is graded, is displayed on small homemade shelves in my card room.

4) I keep ungraded sets either in card savers in a Roop box (or a cardboard box, if the set isn't particularly valuable) or in Roop binders. Every card goes in a mylar penny sleeve first, before it goes in the card saver or binder.

I find the Roop stuff to be very durable. The binders come with slip cases that stand them straight up, and I use Roops "page turners" to add stability to the binder pages. The D-rings are large enough that I don't think there's enough stress put on the individual pages that the cards will suffer long-term damage.

Here's a photo of the stuff, before my card room was done (so the stuff on the walls is incomplete).

-Al