View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone know this guy...Jim Pavlish from ABC Trading

Posted By: Joann

I think something like a feedback forum for board buyers and sellers would be a good idea. Individuals could post their personal opinions and make statements of fact as they see fit. Others can go through the comments and draw their own conclusions.

Having a blacklist, etc, enters gray area. Criteria? Evaluators? Deciders? In the end it seems like anything of that nature is going to end up as a board endorsement or non-endorsement of sellers. I think Leon, the board, all, any, or whatever the entity is needs to be fairly careful with that. If an individual makes an arguably false statement of fact in a public forum, it's between the seller and that individual. As soon as there is evaulation of the statement and use of the statement to 'officially' downgrade a seller it's different.

Even if an informal group wants to get together and trade "this is what happened to me" incidents, and resolve individually to not do business with that seller, it's still between individuals.

I just don't know quite where I'd draw the line between trading opinions and endorsing or non-endorsing (dis-endorsing? anti-endorsing? whatever) sellers.

Feedback forum?

Joann