Thread: ebay feedback
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Default ebay feedback

Posted By: Joann

I was going to leave essentially the same response as Jay.

I used to get irritated when a seller waited until I left pos before he would leave it in turn. I thought it unfair that a seller would hold feedback hostage for getting positive feedback from me first.

But my sister recently sold a cell phone to a zero-feedback buyer. All went well w/payment, etc. Then the seller claimed the flip was cracked almost off, defective goods, demanded refund, didn't want to return phone, etc. When she finally got the phone back, it was clear that he had intentionally broken it. Plus, his ebay history showed that he was winning bidder on a different cell phone in an auction that ended the day before he received the one from my sister.

He opened a PayPal dispute, pulled payment back, blah blah blah. It's been opened and closed twice now, recently reopened again. PP not interested in photos, or my sister's 250+ 100% feedback and his zero, etc.

This whole thing has been a joke, and now I have much more understanding of why a seller might not consider a buyer's performance to be positive just at the receipt of payment.

Joann