View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default Like I didn't already know this was going to happen...

Posted By: Jeff O

The thing that really bothers me here, and something that rarely gets brought up in these situations, is the outright fraud on the part of the buyer in avoiding eBay fees. Whenever I bring this topic up on this or other boards, one or two posters will invariably write some crap about how it's my item, eBay's fees are too high, etc.

Basically this buyer used eBay as free advertising for his item. eBay now gets screwed out of their final value fees, which they are entitled to under their contract with the buyer. Sure, the guy could make up some reason to pull the item down that is considered "acceptable", but in almost every case its a lie. The seller is simply avoiding fulfilling his part of his contractual agreement. If you don't want to pay eBay their fees, don't use their service.

Since I've been on eBay I've only sold to an emailer once... and in that case we agreed on a price and I added a BIN in that amount to my listing (I didn't have any bids yet). He got it for our agreed price, and eBay got their fees.

Jeff