View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default delete- (rambling thoughts thread)......have at it.....

Posted By: PC

This board has degenerated into the tiresome "Dems blaming it on the Repubs" tirade. yawn But if an idyllic liberal anything-goes society is what you crave, look no further than Western Europe -- but you had better look now, because at the current declining population and productivity rates, it will be a very different Europe in the coming decades. (The recent riots in France are only the beginning -- what's next? A collapse of the social system in Denmark in the coming years appears inevitable ... but that's perhaps even too far OT for this thread.)

But the good news is that Al Gore probably has the answers (at least he thinks he does).

And I learn something new every day on this board. Previously, I thought global warming was a long-term irreversible natural climactic change. You know, an ice age on one end of the spectrum and oceanfront property in Pennsylvania on the other. I hadn't realized that it's the fault of bible-beating midwest Republicans, driving all over the place cutting down trees. Perhaps they should pay reparations to the Aussies for causing all that melonoma. However, the bright side is that we now know that our ancestors can prevent the next ice age by actually cutting down trees and consuming fossil fuels, or at the very least by voting Democratic. What a relief!