View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Default What is it, exactly, about grading?

Posted By: RayB

As a middle age collector; I have kind of worked myself backward from the 60's and 50's to the prewar collector that I am now.
Grading, in general, helped revitalize my interest in the hobby.
Grading and the internet (more specifically eBay); made it possible for me to pre-war educate myself in the nuances of the issues that interested me without going through the trials of fakes and altered raw product.

Buying the card has always been my priority; raw, graded or otherwise. If the eye appeal is there; I'm interested. Authentication made it possible for me to take the plunge into new areas of interest (especially pre-war) due to my ever growing search for knowledge on the history of our game and our hobby, without fear.
Fact is; I love this hobby and it's history. The further I track it back the more intrigued and enthusiastic I become.

I would always encourage all collectors to collect what they like, and collect it the way they like it (raw or graded.)

Lastly the Registries of PSA and SGC make it especially convenient for me to view my cards from the road, warrior that I am.
RayB