View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Honus Wagner-Piedmont

Posted By: joe brennan

This whole thing is like a bad car wreck. You just can't help yourself, you have to look. Just a few comments.
Your experts ARE NOT EXPERTS in the BASEBALL CARD FIELD. Plain and simple.
The EXPERTS in this field are all here, or read this board. The people who would but this card if it was real are here. Your customer base are the one's that say it is a reprint.
Not one of the experts has any doubt that the card is a fake. Let me say that again, not one person ,NOT ONE PERSON has any doubt the card is a fake, and a bad one at that.
It amazes me that after every person says it's a fake, you don't get it.
If it had the slightest chance of being real, you would have sold it to the first expert with deep pockets that saw it.
I truly feel bad for you that you cannot understand that it is not real.
I also feel bad for you that you think that the color of your skin has anything to do with the card. It is unfair playing a race card. No one cares what color you are, but they care that you are trying to dupe some un informed buyer into buying this reprint. This whole thing could wind up doing damage to the hobby, and that is unfair to everyone.

The main facts (as you call them loosely) are your experts have no clue about the card itself, and all the hobby experts can tell its a fake from 100 miles away. Please, do yourself, the auction house and the hobby a favor, pull the auction and go away. If you do this, you will save face in the long run. If this cards sells to some moron, (I seriously doubt it will), the damage it will do will be large. I'm sure you could care less about the damage it will do, but people on this board, ( you came here, we didn't come to you) care very much about the state of the hobby. I will not offer you good luck, because I hope you have no luck in this venture at all. Joe Brennan

People said it was a million dollar wound. But the government must keep that money, cause I ain't never seen a penny of it.