View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Opinions Please...Real or Fake T205 Tinker

Posted By: Shawn Adkins

This card was interesting when I first saw it back in June. My honest opinion is that the top (and probably the bottom) borders have been trimmed. Left and right look fairly good but with a better scan, it would be a little easier to tell.

The chipping on the front goes a long way towards determining that this card is in fact real. The top/bottom borders are too thin which is why I believe the card has been trimmed on one, if not both counts. Again, with a clear scan or in person I could tell with 100% certainty.

The Sovereign brand comes in many shades of green (some even appear black or gray) and the extra thick letters have appeared on most of the other backs. Probably because it was one of the first cards printed after the ink had been refilled or was a doublestrike. All of Tinker's cards have his name almost touching framed border on the back and this is magnified with respect to the bolder print on this card.

And lastly, this card is in a PRO 8 holder which is a big red flag. If crossing to another company, I'd expect an AUTH holder at best, that is if they will even put it in a new holder. If I owned the card, I'd keep it just the way it is and enjoy it...the main thing is that it's REAL...and you got it for a decent price all things considered. It's a great looking card regardless!

Some examples of the different SOV back shades of green.

--Shawn