View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Default Are Pre-War Baseball Cards "Solid" Investments?

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

I think there are far better investments than baseball cards (try real estate, it has some incredible benefits). I don't think you can buy cards thinking that you are making a sound investment, unless you are buying them far under the current value and buying extremely rare pieces that very wealthy people will always pay up for. When interest rates start to creep up and gas goes through the roof, most people will slow down in their buying habits or even trying to sell their cards. I believe that the value of hofer players in common sets that are in abundance will fall sharply. The Cobb t206 is super common and I would bet that when the market takes a turn down it will follow accordingly. Now if you had a 1912 Boston Garter you would most likely be able to sell it in any market. BTW If anyone has any interest in discussing the benefits of residential or commercial real estate investing, please email me. You should collect what you like, because if and when the market takes a dive, you still have a collection of cards that make you smile.